Poplar Poultry @ Little Morton Farm has put together a range of products that offer the chicken keeper everything they need to keep your birds healthy and pest free. We stock products from Bio Link, Nettex, Smite, The Little Feed Company, Battles and Agrivite.
Poultry Shield is a multipurpose cleaner, sanitiser and odour neutraliser. Works equally well with hard or soft water and is unaffected by temperature fluctuations.
• For cleaning and sanitising all animal housing and equipment
• Removes built up dirt, faecal and waxy deposits
• Removes the organic matter in which mites live and breed
• Can be used in organic production (consult your association)
Clear liquid. An alkaline blend of non-ionic and amphoteric surfactants in an aqueous solution.
Instructions for use
To make 1 Litre of Poultry Shield solution add 200ml of Poultry shield concentrate to 800ml of water
We advise thoroughly cleaning your coupe with Poultry Shield prior to applying Diatom.
Residual Red Mite Control
• Kills red mite
Diatom is prepared from the fossilised remains of ancient shell creatures and so is chemically inert and not classified as hazardous to humans and animals.
Begin treatment before you see any sign of red mite, as once they are visible to the naked eye the problem is much harder to control. Use for long lasting residual control of red mites and insects, apply to your hen house once or twice a week, depending on the level of infestation, in a thick layer around the inside edge of your hen house, sprinkle in the nest boxes and around perches, the Diatom 220g “puffer pack” is the easiest way to apply the Diatom. If your chicken has a dust bath, sprinkle a good handful over this too so that your birds can dust themselves down with Diatom - providing extra protection to themselves. The most effective way to control red mite is to use the two pronged attack; firstly wash away the red mites habitat with the Poultry Shield and then use Diatom for residual red mite control. For “spot” application use the Diatom 500ml Spray can.
Total Mite Kill Solution 750ml
Pesk Pest: Red Mites
- Highly effective insecticide and multipurpose disinfectant cleaner for chicken housing.
- Kills mites, lice and other crawling insects.
- Formulated with an oily base, which penetrates deep into cracks and crevices of the housing
How to use
- Shake before use
- Remove all bedding and clean thoroughly
- Spray directly onto all surfaces including the underside of the roof
- Leave to dry
When to Use
Infestation: Apply initially then repeat three days later, then weekly for a month
Prevention: Use as part of your weekly cleaning routine to deter Pesky Pests
Size | 750ml
Total Hygiene Powder
Nettex Total Hygiene Powder is naturally absorbent powder that can be applied to birds, their housing, dust baths and bedding
- High affinity for moisture and odour absorption to promote hygiene and dryness. The resultant environment discourages mites and crawling insects.
- Contains natural Diatomaceous Earth – safe to use and environmentally friendly
- Suitable for organic farming
- No egg withdrawal period necessary
Coop Clear from
The Little Feed Company
An effective, 100% natural formula to deter infestations from chicken coops.
- Contains a petented garlic extract which bugs and nasties hate
- 100% natural
- Safe for hens and humans with no egg withdrawl
Battles Poultry Red Mite Powder
Gives lasting protection against mites and lice. Containing a new generation insect repellent this product can be applied directly onto the bird. Simply apply the powder directly from the shaker over the affected areas of the bird. Contains p-menthane-38-diol. Use in conjunction with Poultry Louse Powder.
Battles Poultry Louse Powder
A ready-to-use insecticidal powder for use in animal houses. Containing Permethrin it will be effective against mites lice and fleas. For application to bedding and housing used by infested birds. Rapid kill with sustained residual activity. Use in conjunction with Red Mite Powder. This product is not intended for use directly onto the animal. Sprinkle pack.