Poplar Poultry @ Little Morton Farm has put together a range of products that offer the chicken keeper everything they need to keep your birds healthy and pest free. We stock products from Bio Link, Nettex, Smite, The Little Feed Company, Battles and Agrivite.
Poultry Shield is a multipurpose cleaner, sanitiser and odour neutraliser. Works equally well with hard or soft water and is unaffected by temperature fluctuations.
• For cleaning and sanitising all animal housing and equipment
• Removes built up dirt, faecal and waxy deposits
• Removes the organic matter in which mites live and breed
• Can be used in organic production (consult your association)
Clear liquid. An alkaline blend of non-ionic and amphoteric surfactants in an aqueous solution.
Instructions for use
To make 1 Litre of Poultry Shield solution add 200ml of Poultry shield concentrate to 800ml of water
We advise thoroughly cleaning your coupe with Poultry Shield prior to applying Diatom.
Residual Red Mite Control
• Kills red mite
Diatom is prepared from the fossilised remains of ancient shell creatures and so is chemically inert and not classified as hazardous to humans and animals.
Begin treatment before you see any sign of red mite, as once they are visible to the naked eye the problem is much harder to control. Use for long lasting residual control of red mites and insects, apply to your hen house once or twice a week, depending on the level of infestation, in a thick layer around the inside edge of your hen house, sprinkle in the nest boxes and around perches, the Diatom 220g “puffer pack” is the easiest way to apply the Diatom. If your chicken has a dust bath, sprinkle a good handful over this too so that your birds can dust themselves down with Diatom - providing extra protection to themselves. The most effective way to control red mite is to use the two pronged attack; firstly wash away the red mites habitat with the Poultry Shield and then use Diatom for residual red mite control. For “spot” application use the Diatom 500ml Spray can.
Total Mite Kill Solution 750ml
Pesk Pest: Red Mites
- Highly effective insecticide and multipurpose disinfectant cleaner for chicken housing.
- Kills mites, lice and other crawling insects.
- Formulated with an oily base, which penetrates deep into cracks and crevices of the housing
How to use
- Shake before use
- Remove all bedding and clean thoroughly
- Spray directly onto all surfaces including the underside of the roof
- Leave to dry
When to Use
Infestation: Apply initially then repeat three days later, then weekly for a month
Prevention: Use as part of your weekly cleaning routine to deter Pesky Pests
Size | 750ml
Total Hygiene Powder
- High affinity for moisture and odour absorption to promote hygiene and dryness. The resultant environment discourages mites and crawling insects.
- Contains natural Diatomaceous Earth – safe to use and environmentally friendly
- Suitable for organic farming
- No egg withdrawal period necessary
Coop Clear from
The Little Feed Company
An effective, 100% natural formula to deter infestations from chicken coops.
- Contains a petented garlic extract which bugs and nasties hate
- 100% natural
- Safe for hens and humans with no egg withdrawl
• Powerful biocidal disinfectant which kills micro-organisms, bacteria and viruses
• Highly efficient cleaner
• Super degreasant
• Pleasant odour and easy to use dosing pump
• Economical – only 3-6% dilution required (1lt. makes up to 34 lt. of treatment)
• Efficient degreasant and cleaner – ideal for removing organic matter where mite parasites breed and thrive
• Suitable for all animal housing
Smite Organic DE Powder
Smite DE Powder is an organic, naturally-mined mineral product made up of fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of hard-shelled algae, which is used as a desiccant powder and drying agent for use in poultry and livestock bedding and housing areas.
HerbaMite from Herban
HerbaMite is 100% natural and improves the natural resistance of all avian species against red mites. It stimulates an immune response in birds, helping create a natural repellent in the blood which is indigestible for mites. As blood coagulates within the mite, it dries and can no longer affect the birds. HerbaMite does not kill red mites directly. The natural repellent created in the birds blood due to the ingestion of HerbaMite repel red mites. They can no longer feed and do not pose a threat to the birds. This is administered through drinking water.