The Henlays Coop is a high quality chicken coop that are not only beautiful but are fantastically practical, perfect for poultry, people and the planet. The coops are proudly made in Britain using UK recycled plastic
Features of the Henlays Recycled Plastic Coop.
- It includes 8 sq. ft of space and 3 round perches totalling almost 6 foot in length
- It can accommodate 4 large fowl, 6 medium hybrid s and 8 bantams, draft free but well ventilated
- There is one extra-large nest box that multiple birds can share and is lockable
- The ramp is non-slip and strong
- The material is hard and free of grooves making it very red mite resistant
- For security you can choose between the standard locking door that's included or upgrade to the fully automated locking door system from ChickenGuard
For the PLANET
- Each chicken coop is made entirely of 12mm thick Stokbord, a UK made recycled plastic. It will never rot, fade or go brittle so it’ll last for decades
- Every coop you buy stops 70kg of waste plastic going into landfill
- The metal components are chunky stainless steel and will never rust or need replacing
- The long lifespan of this coop means you save money and the planet saves energy, materials and waste.
- The coop is raised off the ground which makes and gives fantastic access. Cleaning is very quick and easy, it can even be jet washed!
- The raised nest box makes it easier to collect the eggs
- The area underneath is too high for rats to nest or burrow but tall enough to for the chickens to form dust baths which are essential for hen health. The area also provides shade in hot weather or a dry area in wet weather
- Its solid construction is maintenance free and will look stunning for years
- It will never degrade into a red mite hotel! It has no roofing felt, easy to remove perches and a removable floor
- Easily paintable panels allow complete customisation using Thorndown Paints who make incredible exterior ECO paints in Somerset. The paint adheres to the plastic easily and is colour fast and very durable. Paint can be applied with a brush or roller and will need at least 2 coats but it dries quickly and could easily be completely painted in just 1 day.
- The coop measures approx. 4ft long, 2ft wide and 5ft high. It's transported flat packed making it easier to get it where you want it for assembly